PR Account Executive (remote/hybrid)
Luquire is looking for an experienced PR professional to support the team while continuing to develop their own skills. The ideal candidate will have two to four years of fulltime, dedicated public relations experience within an agency, corporation or other professional setting. Strong writing skills are a must, including a mastery of AP Style and an understanding of how to adjust tone and format for various audiences. You should be a self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills, along with a positive attitude, spirit of collaboration and commitment to continuous learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft press releases, fact sheets, bios and other media materials for public consumption.
- Develop and maintain accurate, targeted lists of journalists and other influencers.
- Pitch stories to journalists and other influencers, and follow up as needed to coordinate interviews or provide other necessary information.
- Research client industries to identify emerging trends and issues.
- Monitor print, broadcast and online media to produce coverage reports demonstrating the impact of our programs.
- Stay abreast of best practices in PR and communications.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other agency disciplines to deliver fully integrated communications solutions.
- Support teammates with account management duties, business development efforts and other agency needs.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Two to four years of proven PR or communications experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of print, broadcast, digital and social media, including what makes a good story and how to connect with a desired audience through targeted media outreach.
- Critical and creative thinker with the ability to apply curiosity to all aspects of the role.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills and a high level of attention to detail and resourcefulness.
Who We Are:
Luquire is one of the Southeast’s leading independent, fully integrated marketing and communications firms serving a roster of diverse clients. We push ourselves and our clients to be uncomfortably ambitious – to set the bar high and travel the road less taken to achieve extraordinary results.
This position offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for career advancement with a growing company. Luquire employs a voluntary hybrid work model, meaning employees may work from home or in the office at their discretion, including remote work from a location other than Charlotte. If working remotely, occasional travel may be required for various company functions, client meetings or other work duties.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing or work samples using the form below.