PR Assistant Account Executive
The ideal candidate will have some prior work/internship experience in public relations or communications within an agency, corporation or other professional setting. Strong writing skills are a must, including a mastery of AP Style and an understanding of how to adjust tone and format for various audiences. You should be a self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills, along with a positive attitude, spirit of collaboration and commitment to continuous learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft press releases, fact sheets, bios and other media materials for public consumption
- Develop and maintain accurate, targeted lists of journalists and other influencers
- Pitch stories to journalists and other influencers, and follow up as needed to coordinate interviews or provide other necessary information
- Research client industries to identify emerging trends and issues
- Monitor print, broadcast and online media to produce coverage reports demonstrating the impact of our programs
- Stay abreast of best practices in PR and communications
- Collaborate with colleagues in other agency disciplines to deliver fully integrated communications solutions
- Support teammates with account management duties, business development efforts and other agency needs
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- One to two years prior PR or communications work/internship experience
Specific skills, knowledge and abilities required and/or preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of print, broadcast, digital and social media, including what makes a good story and how to connect with a desired audience through targeted media outreach
- Critical and creative thinker with the ability to apply curiosity to all aspects of the role
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills and a high level of attention to detail and resourcefulness
This position offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for career advancement with a growing company. Luquire employs a voluntary hybrid work model, meaning employees may work from home or in the office at their discretion, including remote work from a location other than Charlotte. If working remotely, occasional travel may be required for various company functions, client meetings or other work duties.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing or work samples using the form below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Luquire George Andrews (Luquire) participates in E-Verify. Luquire recognizes and values the diversity of its employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.