PR Senior Account Executive
Luquire is looking for a mid-level PR professional to support our corporate and B2B clients while continuing to develop their own skills. The ideal candidate MUST have a minimum of three years’ prior fulltime experience in public relations or communications within an agency, corporation or other professional setting. Proven media relations success and strong writing skills are a must, including a mastery of AP Style and an understanding of how to adjust tone and format for various audiences. You should be a self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills, a great team player, committed to helping others succeed and willing to step outside your comfort zone to achieve unexpected results.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with other team members in establishing PR and communications strategies.
- Develop story pitches and other tactical ideas that support client PR strategies.
- Research and drafts press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, feature stories, bios and other materials, with editorial oversight from senior team members as warranted.
- Pitch stories and conduct other forms of outreach to media, bloggers and other influencers with limited guidance from other team members.
- May participate in media training or spokesperson preparation for assigned clients.
- May provide crisis communications support with counsel and guidance from more experienced team members.
- Utilize the agency’s PR management software platform, as well as other online tools, to monitor for client and other related mentions in traditional and digital media.
- Handle coverage reports, client billing and other account management duties, including opening jobs and other tasks using the agency’s project management platform.
- May oversee the day-to-day work of junior-level staff as needed while serving as a role model for their professional and personal growth.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Three to five years of prior full-time PR or communications experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success pitching and placing stories in top-tier national business media – New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CNBC, etc.
- Strong understanding of print, broadcast, digital and social media, including what makes a good story and how to connect with a desired audience through targeted media outreach.
- Critical and creative thinker with the ability to apply curiosity to all aspects of the role.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills and a high level of attention to detail and resourcefulness.
This position offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for career advancement with a growing company. Luquire employs a voluntary hybrid work model, meaning employees may work from home or in the office at their discretion, including remote work from a location other than Charlotte. If working remotely, occasional travel may be required for various company functions, client meetings or other work duties.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing or work samples using the form below.