The editor is skilled, organized, passionate about the craft and collaborative, with the ability to create and deliver in a fast-paced, high-performing environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage day-to-day editing needs
- Edit video and audio
- Maintain video standards for visual and audio quality
- Creatively use timing, visuals and sound to make videos interesting and engaging
- Work closely with the EP, DP and Producers to deliver on time and on budget
- Run edit sessions remotely for both internal and external reviews
- Responsible for maintaining active video asset databases for clients
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency
What We’re Looking For:
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as editor, ideally serving the advertising industry
- Does not require agency experience
Specific skills, knowledge and abilities required and/or preferred
- Must be collaborative, highly motivated and action oriented, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Must be highly organized and skilled in post-production file management
- Strong understanding of post-production workflows and able to create and deliver for multiple tiers of delivery from broadcast to social
- Must be proficient in Premiere Pro, Resolve and After Effects, with the ability to efficiently navigate projects and round-trip assets to and from multiple applications
- Experience with 2D animation a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills
Physical and mental demands/working conditions
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk. May be required to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally. Must be able to view computer screens for extended periods. Learning, thinking, concentration, the ability to interact with others, the ability to exercise self-control and the ability to work under stressful conditions, both in client and employee relations situations, are necessary. Must have the ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary.
This position offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for career advancement with a growing company.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume using the form below.
Luquire employs a voluntary hybrid work model, meaning employees may work in the office or from another location at their discretion, including remote work from a city other than Charlotte. In-person attendance at some meetings may be encouraged, but will never be required.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Luquire George Andrews (Luquire) participates in E-Verify. Luquire recognizes and values the diversity of its employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.