PR Account Director (remote/hybrid)
Luquire is looking for an experienced, strategic PR professional who can develop integrated programs, drive creative thinking and apply a mix of traditional and non-traditional PR skills to serve a diverse range of consumer, institutional and B2B clients. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building strong client relationships and exceeding expectations while also managing resources to ensure assignments are completed on time and on budget. Prior experience working in crisis and issues management is highly desired, along with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit and relentless curiosity.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain positive client relationships by addressing their needs and identifying opportunities to help achieve their business goals.
- Develop and execute earned media and other visibility programs, often in collaboration with agency counterparts from creative, digital, content and other disciplines.
- Identify and maintain relationships with key media, bloggers and other influencers.
- Stay abreast of client industries, issues and trends to develop sound, informed, breakthrough PR recommendations.
- Develop methodologies for measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of agency campaigns that align with clients’ business goals.
- Develop and manage account budgets to maximize client value while delivering reasonable returns to the agency.
- Supervise other teammates by overseeing their work and serving as a coach and mentor in developing their skills.
- Support agency business development efforts.
What We’re Looking For:
- Approximately 10 years of prior public relations, communications or other related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of traditional and social media, with an emphasis on identifying good stories and connecting to the right audience.
- Proven media relations skills with a track record of success among local, regional, national and specialized media outlets.
- Critical and creative thinker with the ability to apply curiosity to all aspects of the role.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail and resourcefulness.
Who We Are:
Luquire is one of the Southeast’s leading independent, fully integrated marketing and communications firms serving a roster of diverse clients. We push ourselves and our clients to be uncomfortably ambitious – to set the bar high and travel the road less taken to achieve extraordinary results.
Located in Charlotte, North Carolina, our agency operates on a remote/hybrid basis. Roughly 20% of our team lives outside the Charlotte area, while those who do live in Charlotte have the opportunity to work from home or in our office as best suits their individual needs.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing or work samples using the form below.